Sunday, June 10, 2007

Why Africa needs a Marshall plan

An excellent opinion from Glenn Hubbard and William Duggan of Columbia Business School. As I start my new gig with the global BD team, this sort of thing very much inspires my thinking. Is there a role for big business in helping the development of small business and of economic activity in general in poorer parts of the world?

I'm not talking about charity or "CSR" here, I mean opportunities that hold economic upside for all involved; opportunities that make strong business sense for all participants.


FT.com / Home UK / UK - Why Africa needs a Marshall plan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm insulted. The great Ron P. gets a "new gig with the BD team"... and where is the press release? Why do we have to find out from a this linux blog?

;)